Game Time in ELT Class

Teachers need several games to relieve the boredom and motivate their students in a  class. Otherwise, students may have difficulties to concentrate on the class. In my school life, sometimes I could not focus on the content or felt sleepy😴 because what the teacher taught was too boring. 😑
However, if a teacher could use games properly, these situations may not happen. Now, I strongly recommend a tool that could be used in an ELT class ---Triptico!
It provides lots of fun activities for teachers who don't have much time to design games.

 Triptico

This is the homepage of Triptico, if you press the Resources button↑, you will see the page below.

• Triptico provides a lot of choices to teachers, it includes quizzes, selectors, timers, tools and legacy resources. What's the question is quite useful for teachers. You can set up 12 questions and allocate different scores to each question. Using this, you can check whether your students have mastered the knowledge.

• Silence can kill a teacher.😵 Sometimes you can't get a response from students, no one wants to answer the question. At that time, you need Task Spinner to help you to choose the 'lucky' one to answer that.
You can input students' name in the spinner and input questions in the circle's centre.  You just need to press the centre and the Task Spinner will choose the lucky dog for you.


• Another function that I recommend is the Hourglass Timers. Teachers can use it to control activities' time in a  novel way. You can set the time and it will work like a real sand clock.

Triptico's functions are more than I introduced, and I think there should have what you need in the class. Try it, creating engaging activities and make your class more interesting! 

Limitations
The only limitation is you need to pay for it after the trial period. But for all the activities, I think I'll pay for it. ☺

Try it, you'll find more than I introduced.

(Sources: the first picture is from images.google.com; other screenshots are from Triptico)






Comments

  1. the layout of yours is well-organised with an brief introduction and a detailed illustration of Triptico. Your use of emoji is interesting. that's great!!!
    BUT I wanna suggest you making a Triptico game as a practical example for the readers to understand deeper and learn how to use it.
    Totally, well done!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Charlotte, your blog is great! I agree with you that silence can kill a teacher! Task Spinner is useful in that time. If you can make the introduction of every part more concrete, it will be better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, you've shared some really interesting games here. Do you and your students have a favourite? I definitely think the Hourglass could be used in every lesson as timekeeping during breaks can be a big problem.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment